Coaches get in free at gate for all sessions. To be on the floor you need a current USA Wrestling Leader Membership card. (This is the same as our previous coaching card.) If you are a copper, bronze, silver or gold level coach then you get on the floor for free as well. If you are a regular coach with no additional certifications then the cost is $10 and must be purchased online only at this link:
*Add yourself like a wrestler and choose the coaches pass you want as a division.
- To Purchase a coaches card go to this link: https://www.nebraskausawrestling.org/page/show/945939-membership-
- There may be a background check needed and it usually takes about 4 days, so don't delay.
- Coaches floor wrist bands will be available at the entry point of floor. You must show ID, Current Coaches card and Floor pass online purchase in order to receive a floor pass. If you are a copper, bronze, silver or gold level coach you do not need to purchase a floor pass.
NEUSAW Folkstyle State Tournament Details 2022
- Districts will be held the first weekend in March as usual. The top 4 will qualify for State. District directors will have the same leeway they have had in the past and stay within our current district guidelines. District tournaments will also be staying within local Health guidelines as well. If the District director deems necessary, the District tournaments may run on 2 consecutive days the first weekend in March.
- There will be no hardships allowed this year. Only top 4 from districts will qualify for State.
- Heartland Event Center
- 700 E Stolley Park Road,
- Grand Island, NE 68801
Registration For State
Tickets For Spectators At State
- An online ticket link will be available 1 week prior to the District tournaments. All tickets will be sold online and will be General admission only. There will be no reserve seating available this year. There will not be tickets available at the venue. The online ticketing will be open throughout the weekend. People will be able to buy tickets right from their phones if needed. These tickets will be sold in sessions. If you want to watch more than 1 session, then you must purchase another session ticket. The first session ticket that is bought will be $16, each additional session ticket that is bought will be an additional $12. (Example Session “A” one ticket = $16 then additional Session “B” one ticket = $12)
- Kids that wrestle in a session do not have to purchase a gate ticket for other sessions. They must have their session lanyard on at all times to get on the floor or in the gate. Wrestlers that are wanting to stay for other sessions must enter the main gate with their parents present. The only wrestlers allowed on the floor will be wrestlers with lanyards that are the same as the current session that is wrestling at that time.
If you want to buy tickets for a single session (Example Session A), please click on the link below and scroll down until you get to "Single session tickets"
If you want to buy tickets for multiple sessions (Example Session A and C), please click on the link below and scroll down until you get to "Multi-session tickets"
Live Stream Video Available Online
- ONLINE Live TrackCast video will be available. One time subscription fee will be $20 for the whole tournament (that’s both days and all sessions except High School). You will be able to subscribe to the NEUSAW State tournament and then watch all wrestling in all sessions for both days. This one-time subscription fee also allows you to re-watch videos even after the tournament is completed.
NEUSAW State – Saturday Event Schedule
- 8:30am - Saturday doors open for Session “A” wrestlers and spectators.
- 10am - Session A - Wrestling begins. The following divisions and weights will be in Session A: 1) Boys 1st-2nd weights 40,45,50,53,56,59, 2) Boys 3rd-4th all weights and 3) Girls 6th-8th all weights. The spectators in Session “A” will need to exit the building upon completion so the next Session can enter. You must have a Session “B” ticket to remain in the building.
- Session B: Starts shortly at the conclusion on Session “A” with Boys 5th-6th all weights, Girls K-2 all weights. The Session “B” wrestlers will be allowed to enter the venue approximately 1 hour prior to the conclusion of Session “A”, but can not get on the floor until the previous wrestlers have been cleared from the floor. There will be a separate gate entrance for Coaches and wrestlers as we have done in the past. Spectators will be allowed to enter through the main gate as soon as the Session "A" spectators have been cleared. The progress of the tournament can be monitored on Track Wrestling for completion times of previous sessions.
- There will not be an annual meeting on Saturday evening this year.
NEUSAW State – Sunday Event Schedule
- 8:30am - Sunday doors open for Session “C” wrestlers and spectators.
- 10am - Session C – Wrestling begins. The following divisions and weights will be in Session C – Boys PreK-K, Girls 3rd-5th all weights, Boys - 1st-2nd weights 62, 65,70,75,85,95,115,140. The spectators in Session “C” will need to exit the building upon completion so the next Session can enter. You must have a Session “D” ticket to remain in the building.
- Session D: Starts shortly at the conclusion of Session “C” - Boys 7th-8th all weights. The Session “D” wrestlers will be allowed to enter the venue approximately 1 hour prior to the conclusion of Session “C” but can not get on the floor until the previous wrestlers have been cleared from the floor. There will be a separate gate entrance for Coaches and wrestlers as we have done in the past. Spectators will be allowed to enter through the main gate as soon as the Session "C" spectators have been cleared. The progress of the tournament can be monitored on Track Wrestling for completion times of previous sessions.
All of the previously mentioned matches
will be wrestled in the Arena.
NEUSAW State – Sunday Event Schedule In Expo Hall
- 9am - Sunday doors open for Session “E” wrestlers and spectators.
- 10:30am - Session E: Begin wrestling for Boys and Girls High School all weights
- All awards will be given right at the table at the end of the medal matches. We can still move matches at the end if we need to, but their award will be on the mat they were on originally assigned. We are still placing top 8 in all divisions.
2022 Grade Divisions and Weight Classes
*Only girls who reside in the state are able to participate in the girl’s division.
- Girls K-2 Submit actual weight (weight classes will be determined)
- Girls 3-5: 45, 52, 58, 65, 73, 82, 89, 97, 102, 109, 117, 126, 138, 150
- Girls 6-8: 58, 65, 73, 82, 89, 97, 102, 109, 117, 126, 138, 150, 165, HWT
- Girls 9-12 will utilize the NFHS Girls weights: 101, 109, 116, 123, 130, 136, 143, 155, 170, 191, 235
PreK-K Submit actual weight (weight classes will be determined)
- 1st-2nd: 40, 45, 50, 53, 56, 59, 62, 65, 70, 75, 85, 95, 115, 140
- 3rd-4th: 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 140, 160
- 5th-6th: 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140, 160, 200, 250
- 7th-8th: 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 102, 110, 117, 125, 132, 140, 150, 160, 175, 195, 220, 275
- High School: 104, 111, 118, 125, 131, 137, 143, 150, 157, 165, 175, 187, 200, 225, 290
*NO WEIGHT ALLOWANCE FOR ANY WEIGHT CLASSES IN ANY DIVISIONS
Length Of Periods
Folkstyle Length of Periods for Grade Divisions
- PreK-4th grade divisions are 60 second periods for all 3 periods on both the championship and consolation sides.
- 5th-8th grade divisions are 1st period- 60 seconds, 2nd period- 90 seconds and 3rd period- 90 seconds on the championship side and 60 seconds per period on the consolation side.
Other Items Of Interest
- Masks are required for everyone. Wrestlers must wear masks when not wrestling.
- Temperature checks will be taken for all workers each morning.
- Mats will be cleaned at the end of each session.
National dual teams for Elementary, Middle School, Girls 1st-8th and High School are still in place this year. The Middle school will still be going to Danville, IL for USA Nationals and Heartland Nationals in Council B